PEG Access Oversight Board
The Public, Education and Government Access Oversight Board (PEGAOB) meets on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 5:30 p.m. in the City Hall, Mayor’s Conference Room.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak and the moratorium on public gatherings, meetings will be held via Zoom until further notice.
2021 Meeting dates
|January 28||April 21||July||October|
|February 18||May 13||August||November 18|
|March 11||June 9||September 9||December|
Meeting dates and additional information is also available in the City of Albany events calendar.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Mayor and Common Council find and declare that it is in the public interest of the citizens of the City of Albany to establish a board to oversee implementation of PEG Access, the cable television public access facility/studio in the City of Albany and to promote public awareness of the public access in the City. The PEGAOB consists of seven members who serve three-year terms. The Mayor appoints two members, the Common Council appoints four members and there are five members who represent community stakeholders.
The purpose of the PEGAOB is to:
- Assist in the development of public education and government access television in the City including by promoting the use of the public studio to citizens and groups throughout the City;
- Oversee the cable television public access facility/studio and assist the Public Access Coordinator, whom shall be responsible for the day to day operation of the public access facility/studio;
- Review memorandums of understanding between the city and relevant entities to assure implementation of PEG access;
- Make recommendations on the success of the programs in Phase I of PEG funding and based upon said findings make recommendations for expenditures of Phase II funding.
Public Access Studio Hours
Studio will be closed September 4-12, 2021 and
October 9-16, 2021
- Sunday OFF
- Monday Noon - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday Noon - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday Noon - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday OFF
- Saturday Noon - 4:00 p.m.