The purpose of the Electrical Examining Board is to investigate and examine the knowledge and technical ability of each City of Albany Electrician license applicant and applicants for renewal of a license, and also authorize the issuance of licenses by the Administrator as provided by ordinance. The Board also investigates and examines all charges preferred against any holder of a license and their eligibility to continue to hold a license.
As set forth in the City of Albany Code, the Board consists of the Director of the Division of Buildings and Regulatory Compliance, an authorized representative of either the Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation or the New York Telephone Company, an authorized representative of the New York Board of Fire Underwriters Bureau of Electricity, a licensed master electrician engaged in construction work and employing one or more other electricians, and a licensed master electrician who has been licensed continuously by the City of Albany for at least five years.
Members and Dates of Expiration
- Stephen T. Dean, P.E. - Niagara Mohawk Power Corp. (12/31/12)
- Jeffery Jamison - Director, City of Albany Division of Buildings and Regulatory Compliance (12/31/12)
- Brian C. Hart - George Martin & Son, Inc. (12/31/12)
- Dwight W. Mathusa - Dwight Electric (12/31/12)
- Tom Murray - Simplex (12/31/12)
Non-Board, Non-Voting, Advisory Members
- Jeffrey Dooley - City of Albany Division of Buildings and Regulatory Compliance (12/31/12)
- Carlo J. Figliomeni - City of Albany Division of Buildings and Regulatory Compliance (12/31/12)
- William Trudeau - Albany Police Department, Traffic Engineering Division (12/31/12)
For the list of 2012 Class A Electricians, please click here.
Division of Buildings and Regulatory Compliance
City of Albany
24 Eagle Street
Albany, NY 12207
City of Albany General Code Chapter 171 Article III Sections 171-17 to 171-53