How do I obtain a Café Permit?

A Café Permit, also known as a Revocable Sidewalk Privilege Application, may be obtained by submitting a sidewalk café application, found here. Applications to operate a sidewalk café must include detailed drawings that comply with the standards outlined within the application, the required fee and proof of insurance.  

Show All Answers

1. What is my zoning district?
2. How do I know if a property is zoned for what I would like to do?
3. What approvals do I need to open a new business?
4. My bank (or licensing agency) says I need a letter verifying my property’s zoning. How do I get one?
5. How do I see if I’m located in a Historic District?
6. Do I need approvals to do exterior work on my property if it’s located in a Historic District?
7. How do I apply for a Certificate of Appropriateness from the Historic Resources Commission?
8. Are there restrictions on the size of structures and where they can be placed?
9. How do I consolidate multiple parcels into one?
10. Are there regulations for signs?
11. Are there regulations for fences?
12. Can I build a carport, garage or other accessory structure on my property?
13. Can I install a driveway or parking area?
14. Can I add more residential units to my building?
15. Can I run a business out of my home?
16. Can I install a pool?
17. How do I obtain a Café Permit?
18. How do I apply for a variance from the Board of Zoning Appeals?
19. How do I submit for Planning Board Review?
20. How do I know if I need a building permit?