- Administrative Services
- Minority / Women-Owned Business Enterprises (MWBE)
Minority / Women-Owned Business Enterprises (MWBE)
Welcome to the City of Albany Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) Program.
The City of Albany recognizes the need to promote MWBE involvement in city public works contracts. By law, City-funded construction contracts are required to have 15% of the contract paid to MWBEs, and 30% of the labor be performed by minorities and/or women.
To facilitate this participation, the City publishes a directory of construction-related businesses that have been certified as legitimate MWBEs. Contractors on City-funded contracts hire subcontractors from this list. Businesses whose owner is a member of a recognized minority or a woman can apply for certification to be included on this list.
View the MWBE Program Compliance Reports archive.
- MWBE Directory 2-23 (PDF)
- Minority & Women Owned Business Enterprise Certification Application (PDF)
- Minority & Women Owned Business Enterprise Subcontractor Plan Form (PDF)
- Minority & Women Owned Business Enterprise Subcontractor Report Form (PDF)
- Monthly Minority and Women Labor Utilization Report Form (PDF)
- Minority and Women Labor Plan Form (PDF)
- Albany Community Development Agency
- Capital District Chapter, National Association of Women in Construction
- Capital Region Chamber of Commerce
- Albany County Division of Affirmative Action
- Capital Region Workforce Investment Board
- Coalition of Black Trade Unionists
- Upstate New York Black Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Albany Business Improvement District
- City of Albany Bids and Requests for Proposal
- New York State Comptroller
- NY State Empire State Development MWBE Program
- New York State Small Business Development Center
- Community Economic Development Clinic, Albany Law School
- New York State Contract System
- The Balance - Starting a Small Business
- Women-Owned Business: How to Get Started Guide
- Capitalize Albany Corporation
- Community Loan Fund
- Capital Region Hispanic Chamber of Commerce