Community Police Review Board
The Community Police Review Board (CPRB) is an independent body that handles complaints of misconduct of Albany Police Department officers. Its goals are to improve communication between the City of Albany Police Department and the community, to increase police accountability and credibility with the public, and to create a complaint review process that is free from bias and informed of actual police practices.
The CPRB consists of nine members who must be City of Albany residents. The Common Council appoints five members and the Mayor appoints four. All members of the Board serve three-year terms.
- Dr. Victor Collier (10/26/23)
- Paul Collins-Hackett (10/26/2023)
- Veneilya Harden, Secretary (10/26/2024)
- Victor Person (10/26/2022)
- John Levendosky (10/26/2024)
- Matthew C. Ingram, JD, PhD (10/26/2024)
- Nairobi Vives (10/26/2023)
- Antoinette Santos (10/26/2025)
- Kevin Cannizzaro (10/31/2023)
If you wish to file a complaint against a member of the Albany Police Department (APD) for improper conduct through the CPRB website, complete the online complaint form.
Criminal complaints against non-APD personnel must be filed with the Albany Police Department. Complaints against members of police departments other than the APD must be filed with the Internal Affairs department of the local police department.
Please fill in as much information as possible, especially your phone number, email and mailing address.
To download a complaint form click one of the links below:
- Complaint Form (English PDF)
- Complaint Form (English Fillable PDF)
- Formulario de queja (Español)
- Formulario de queja (Español PDF rellenable)
Albany General City Code Chapter 42 Part 33 Article XLIV Sections 42-332 to 42-352