CONTACT: Ryan Murray, Public Relations Coordinator/ 518.434.5415
Albany, NY – Mayor Kathy Sheehan and program partners announced details for the 2021 Cash for Coats Drive, a community-based initiative designed to collect funds to purchase new winter clothing items for Albany school children in need. Presented by the City of Albany, The Palace Theatre, Lodge’s Department Store, United Way, Burke Companies, The City School District of Albany, Elks Lodge #49 and Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery. This year’s Cash for Coats Drive will take place October 4th through November 5th. Anyone who donates $25 or more will be invited to a very special Cash for Coats reception at The Palace Theatre, where a taping of the award winning Palace Sessions video series will take place.
Monetary donations may be made:
- Text to give: Text: 518COATS to 41444
- Online- by visiting our website.
- In Person-by visiting locations:
- Albany City Hall (Room 402 24 Eagle Street, Albany)
- Lodge’s Department Store (75 N. Pearl Street)
- Via mail- make checks payable to Cash for Coats/Lodge’s Department Store and send to: Cash for Coats - City Hall, Room 402, 24 Eagle Street, Albany, NY 12207
Over the years, the Cash for Coats program has distributed tens of thousands of new winter clothing items to Albany schoolchildren. Lodge’s offers a significant discount on any items purchased for the Cash for Coats Drive, maximizing the impact of each cash donation.
The Cash for Coats Drive is sponsored by City of Albany, The Palace Theatre, Lodge’s Department Store, United Way, Burke Companies, The City School District of Albany, Elks Lodge #49 and Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery.
For more information on Cash for Coats, visit albanyevents.org.
# # #