Contact: David Galin
ALBANY, NY – Mayor Kathy Sheehan and Department of Recreation Commissioner Jonathan Jones have announced the opening of Lincoln Park Pool and spray pads, effective Saturday, June 25.
Lincoln Park Pool:
- Open daily from 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Location: 701 Lincoln Park Road
- Capacity Limit: 312 residents
The City of Albany also announced the extended opening of six Spray Pads seven days a week from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. beginning Saturday, June 25 at the following locations:
- Colonie St. Park
- Hackett Park
- Krank Park
- Lincoln Park
- North Swan St. Park
- Westland Hills Park
Admission to pools and spray pads is free. For more information as well as the specific rules surrounding the use of pools and spray pads, please the Aquatics page.
The spray pads at Ridgefield Park and Rosemont Park are currently closed to allow for construction of new and improved spray pads. The spray pads at Swinburne Park, Sheridan Park, and Black Lives Matter Parks are currently being repaired and will open as soon as possible.
Mater Christi Pool located at 1134 New Scotland Road (behind NYS Correctional Services Training Academy) is closed for repairs due to unexpected maintenance issues that are anticipated to be completed in approximately one week. Please stay tuned for pool opening updates as we work to make repairs to get the Mater Christi Pool opened as quickly as possible.
For updates on pools and spray pads all summer, please visit the Department of Recreation page.
Additional precautions will be taken at City of Albany pools this summer to ensure the health and safety of City residents:
- Capacity limits at City pools will be dictated by number of lifeguards on duty
- City of Albany pools will only be open to City of Albany residents
- Residents must provide proof of residency at their initial visit to be entered into the Albany REC System
- Examples of proof of residency may include driver license, school ID card, utility bill, report card, working papers, etc.
- After their initial visit, residents will not need to bring proof of residency in the future
- Children ages 14 and under must be with an adult who must provide contact tracing information, including name, address, and phone number
- There must be 1 adult present for every 4 children. No groups larger than 7.
Be aware of your surroundings: Residents are urged to closely watch children they are with to ensure they are safe.