The Board’s mission is to ensure that:
- Development proposed for environmentally, aesthetically or ecologically sensitive areas of the City will reflect and consider the same
- Development proposed within the City is compatible with the orderly development of the immediate neighborhood and surrounding areas
- Proposed development will be planned so as not to discourage the appropriate development or lessen the value of other parcels of land in the vicinity
Planning Board Documents
Planning Board Meetings
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak and the moratorium on public gatherings, meetings will be held on a Zoom Teleconference and Videoconference until further notice. Meetings will also be attempted to be live streamed via YouTube.
2022 Meeting Dates and Zoom Registration Links
How to Submit Audio and Written Comments on Planning Board Applications
Audio comments (up to three minutes in length) and written comments must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no less than 48 hours in advance of the hearing or meeting to ensure review by the Planning Board. Submitted comments will not be played or read during the hearing or meeting.
How to Provide Public Comment at a Planning Board Hearing or Meeting on Planning Board Applications
Requests to provide public comment at a public hearing or meeting must be submitted to email@example.com no less than 24 hours in advance of a meeting and shall include:
- Your name
- The project/s that you wish to speak on, and
- The municipality where you live, as required by §34-1B of the Albany City Code.
Members of the public will have three minutes to speak per project and Common Councilmembers have six minutes to speak per project. Speaking times may be modified based on the number of individuals signed up to speak, so it is recommended to submit written or audio comments prior to the hearing or meeting. Projects on a public workshop agenda do not have a public comment period.
Please be respectful of others and in the delivery of your public comment. The Planning Board reserves the right to silence or remove participants who are not respectful during the meeting or hearing.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Planning Board consists of five members appointed by the Mayor for a three-year term. The presence of three members constitutes a quorum of the Board, and the concurring vote of three members is required to carry out any action.
Albert DeSalvo, Chair
Term Expiration Date: 12/31/2023
|Chris Ellis, Jr.|
Term Expiration Date: 12/31/2025
Term Expiration Date: 12/31/2022
Term Expiration Date: 12/31/2024
Term Expiration Date: 12/31/2021