File Online Report
Welcome to the Albany Police Department Citizens Online Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency or Active Crime.
- This incident occurred within the City of Albany.
- There are no known (named) suspects.
- The incident did not occur on the grounds of the State Capital or University at Albany.
- The incident is not Domestic Violence related.
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. Follow the link ----> File Online Report
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Albany Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report incidents such as:
Property Damage, Lost Property, Telephone/Electronic Harassment, Identity Theft, Bad Checks and more.
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on "Select Incident" to begin.
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Albany Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 518-438-4000) to file your report.